Here is a list of things you need to start selling on Ebay. (some items are just my opinion because I have used them and know they work for me)
1) A Computer or a Smart Phone.
2) You will need to sign up for an Ebay account. (this should take no time at all)
3) You will need to sign up for PayPal. This is what most buyers use and you can transfer the money safely into your bank account once you get paid. I personally would not do any payment options. Its been a while since I signed up but I believe they do hold onto the payment for a bit when you are new. This is the information from their website: Payments as a new seller are held for 21 days UNLESS when you send an item the buyer leaves feedback OR if you send the item trackable and that item shows as delivered + 3 days then email paypal and they will release the funds sooner. Payment holds occur because: You have been selling on eBay for less than 90 days.
4) A Camera or a Cell Phone with a good camera so you can take great pictures of your items.
5) A measuring tape so you have a detailed description of your items.
6) Bubble wrap
7) Boxes - You can get free Priority mail boxes as USPS. They will deliver them to your house. I get the flat rate boxes.
8) Packing Tape
9) Finally you will need a Printer to print the label.
And thats it.
Now watch this video to see how easy it is to start selling!